WHO says whole world must be on alert for Wuhan virus as UK citizens in Hubei told they will not be flown out on Thursday.
It’s been another very busy day of news on the coronavirus outbreak. Here are the main points:
- The death toll in China stands at 170, with 7,711 confirmed cases of infections
- The US and Japan have already flown out some of their citizens out of Wuhan, but UK citizens were told they would not be airlifted on Thursday.
- Japan confirmed another three cases, taking its infection toll to 11.
- More airlines, including Air Canada, have suspended flights to Shanghai and Beijing
- China’s football association cancelled all domestic games at all levels
- Ikea temporarily closed its stores in China
- State-run Chinese media said officials who mishandled the crisiswould be punished