Internships will be available specifically for Latin American students in software engineering and front-end areas at Facebook’s US and UK offices.
Grow Your Business,
Not Your Inbox
Stay informed and join our daily newsletter now!
3 min read
With the aim of having diverse talent around the world, Facebook announced more than 40 internships available specifically for Latin American students in areas of software and front-end engineering, in its offices in the United States and the United Kingdom.
This international program lasts 12 weeks and will begin in 2022. Students will be able to choose between 10 start dates from January to September depending on their university calendar.
Since 2015, about 380 Latino students have been hired through the program and this number has increased due to the good performance of Latin American interns.
Interested regional students can apply for these internships in software engineering in the United States ( fb.me/PasantiaUS ) and for software engineering and front-end engineering in the United Kingdom ( fb.me/PasantiaUK ) , starting at this April 8.
Among the main characteristics and requirements of the program are:
- Over 40 openings for software engineers and front-end engineers in the US and UK.
- Possibility of choosing between 10 start dates from January to September 2022.
- Duration of 12 weeks, with the possibility of hiring at the end:
- Week 1: Orientation and definition of projects
- Weeks 2-11: Project Development
- Week 6: Mid-term evaluation
- Week 11: Calibration
- Week 12: Final evaluation
- Internships include: competitive salary, accommodation, cost of visa procedures, round trip, transportation, meals, benefits (gym, health insurance, events, tutoring, etc.) and equipment (cell phone and computer).
- The minimum requirements are:
- One year or more of experience with Perl, Java, Php, Python, or C ++.
- Currently enrolled students in the process of earning a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Students should feel comfortable communicating in English as the two interviews are conducted with engineers from the UK or US offices.
Facebook also offers, throughout the year, other internship programs for students of other academic backgrounds, in which fluent English is not necessarily a prerequisite. To check all the internship opportunities available on Facebook, you can visit this site .