Jan 18, 2020
133 Views
0 0

Prince Harry and Meghan are expected to keep getting £2.3m Duchy of Cornwall cash from Charles

Written by

 

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will still get cash from The Bank Of Dad: Prince is expected to keep getting £2.3m Duchy of Cornwall cash from Charles while pair are free to do commercial deals

  • Tonight’s announcement revealed couple would give up Sovereign Grant money 
  • They will also be repaying the £2.4million used for Frogmore refurbishments 
  • Believed Prince Charles will continue to fund lifestyles via Duchy of Cornwall

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are expected to continue received £2.3million-a-year from the Duchy of Cornwall via Prince Charles.

Buckingham Palace’s bombshell announcement tonight revealed that the couple will give up their Sovereign Grant money – which equates to about £100,000-a-year.

They will also be repaying the £2.4million Sovereign Grant cash that was used for their Frogmore Cottage revamp.

However, it is believed Prince Charles will continue to fund their lifestyles and the Palace’s statement made no mention of it.

Royal Correspondent Rebecca English said: ‘Harry and Meghan will not receive any further public funding but will continue to receive funds from the Prince of Wales privately.’

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are expected to continue received £2.3million-a-year from the Duchy of Cornwall via Prince Charles

According to a former aide, ‘Prince Charles’s attitude is always just pay what needs to be paid and move on.’

‘It’s usually the path of least resistance when it’s to do with the boys.’

But those familiar with some of the eye-watering numbers which have crossed the royal desk at Clarence House say there is another side to the story.

One figure went so far as to say that the money he spends, not just on Harry and Meghan but also on financing William and Kate, was ‘draining him’.

Officially, the brothers and their households are funded out of Charles’s Duchy of Cornwall estate, but, in fact, the Prince has at times had to dip into his own private reserves.

Buckingham Palace's bombshell announcement tonight revealed that the couple will give up their Sovereign Grant money - which equates to about £100,000-a-year

Buckingham Palace’s bombshell announcement tonight revealed that the couple will give up their Sovereign Grant money – which equates to about £100,000-a-year

At one stage he was paying the Sussexes more than William and his family. That figure is now understood to be around the same, with Harry and William each receiving approximately £2.5 million.

However, the Prince has let it be known that his funds are not inexhaustible and that there is a limit to how far and how much he can pay.

Insiders speak of the ‘hundreds of thousands of pounds’ the Prince made available to furnish the couple’s Windsor home after their decision to abandon Kensington Palace.

They will also be repaying the £2.4million Sovereign Grant cash that was used for their Frogmore Cottage revamp

They will also be repaying the £2.4million Sovereign Grant cash that was used for their Frogmore Cottage revamp

According to a source, the figures involved in providing for both boys have in recent times been flagged up to the Prince by his accounting staff on more than one occasion.

‘There’s usually a raised eyebrow, but the Prince always just signs them off,’ says the source.

All the same, he has made it clear that while he will continue to fund his sons, there can be, as one courtier put it, ‘no blank cheque’.

The couple will now be free to do any commercial deals they like and appear to be continuing their ‘Sussex Royal’ brand, even though they are no long Royal Highnesses.

If Meghan were to go back to acting she could be in for a princely sum of money, as she made £3million from appearing on American TV show Suits.

Source link

Article Tags:
· · · · · · · ·
Article Categories:
News · UK News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *