Jan 20, 2020
86 Views
0 0

Seven Kings stabbing: Three killed after disturbance

Written by

Image copyright
PA Media

Image caption

A forensic examination of the scene is under way, police said

Three men have died in a stabbing in east London.

Police said they were called at about 19:40 GMT on Sunday to reports of a disturbance in Elmstead Road in Seven Kings, Ilford.

Three men, aged in their 20s or 30s, were found by emergency services with apparent stab injuries, the Metropolitan Police said.

All three were pronounced dead at the scene. No arrests have yet been made, the Met added.

Police said they were in the process of formally identifying the victims and informing next of kin.

Ch Supt Steve Clayman said: “While inquiries into this tragic incident are at an early stage, this is likely to be a triple homicide investigation.”

The stabbings bring the number of homicide investigations launched by the Met in 2020 to six.

Image copyright
PA Media

Image caption

Three forensic tents have been put up at the scene


At the scene: Greg Mckenzie, BBC London

There is a visible police presence here which started overnight when the police first arrived.

Officers were called just before 20:00 last night to reports of a disturbance but when they got here, they found three young men – all in close proximity to each other – suffering from stab wounds.

At the end of one of the police cordons put in place you can just about make out the tops of the forensic tents – three dotted next to each other – which marks the exact spots where these individuals were pronounced dead.

Despite the works of the emergency services, these men could not be saved.

I’ve seen graphic video from a nearby resident that was filmed shortly after the incident.

The images show blood on the street and the victims in some pain as they were murdered on the street.

Road closures and an enhanced police presence will be seen in the Redbridge area until 08:00.


Image copyright
PA Media

Image caption

Police expect their investigations will continue into Monday

Image copyright
Dominic Lipinski

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan tweeted: “My thoughts are with their families and the local community at this dreadful time.”

He said extra police enforcement powers had been authorised for the whole of Redbridge borough until 08:00 on Monday.

A forensic examination of the scene is under way and will continue into Monday, police said.

Source link

Article Tags:
· · ·
Article Categories:
News · UK News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *