#WalangPasok: Work and Class cancellations for December 4, 2019 (Wednesday)
(Manila, Philippines) – Several Local Government Units and Schools in the Philippines have suspended classes and government work on Wednesday, December 4, 2019, due to inclement weather brought about by Typhoon Tisoy (Kammuri).
Walang Pasok Updates: Disyembre 4, Miyerkules
(As of 8:01pm, Dec 2, 2019) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work on Wednesday:
- Batangas province – all levels (public and private), until Wednesday, December 4
- Laguna –
- Magdalena – all levels (public and private), until Wednesday, December 4
- Majayjay – all levels (public and private), until Wednesday, December 4
- Sta Cruz – all levels (public and private), until Wednesday, December 4
- Quezon province – all levels (public and private), until Wednesday, December 4
- Calatrava – all levels (public only), until Wednesday, December 4
- Caluya – all levels (public and private), until Thursday, December 5
Philippine Weather Severe Typhoon Tisoy Updates
Weather Update by PAGASA Issued at 11:00 PM, 2, Dec 2019
At 3:00 PM today, the eye of Typhoon TISOY (International Name KAMMURI) was located based on all available data including Virac Doppler Radar at 165 km East of Juban, Sorsogon (13.0 °N, 125.5 °E) with maximum sustained winds of 155 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 190 km/h. It is moving West at 15 km/h. Northeast Monsoon affecting Luzon.
At 3:00 PM today, the eye of Typhoon TISOY (KAMMURI) was located based on all available data including Virac Doppler Radar at 165 km East of Juban, Sorsogon (13.0 °N, 125.5 °E) with maximum sustained winds of 155 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 190 km/h. It is moving West at 15 km/h. Northeast Monsoon affecting Luzon.
TYPHOON TISOY FURTHER INTENSIFIES AND IS ABOUT TO MAKE LANDFALL OVER SORSOGON.
- The eyewall of Typhoon “TISOY” is now bringing violent winds over Northern Samar, Catanduanes, Albay, Camarines Sur, and Sorsogon.
- “TISOY” is expected to make landfall over Sorsogon in the next 3 hours.
- Heavy Rainfall Outlook
- Between tonight and tomorrow morning: Frequent to continuous heavy to intense rains over Bicol Region, Northern Samar, Southern Quezon, Marinduque, and Romblon. Frequent to continuous heavy rains over Samar, Eastern Samar, Rizal, rest of Quezon, Laguna, and Oriental Mindoro. Moderate to intermittent heavy rains over Metro Manila, Occidental Mindoro, rest of CALABARZON, Cagayan, Isabela, Aurora, and the rest of Eastern Visayas.
- Between tomorrow morning and evening: Frequent to continuous heavy to intense rains over CALABARZON, Central Luzon, Metro Manila, Mindoro Provinces, Marinduque, and Romblon. Occasional to frequent heavy rains over Cagayan Valley, Cordillera Administrative Region, and Calamian Islands. Intermittent heavy rains over Aklan ,Capiz, and northern Antique.
- Residents in the aforementioned areas, especially those living in areas identified to be highly or very highly susceptible to flooding and rain-induced landslides, are advised to take appropriate actions, coordinate with local disaster risk reduction and management offices, and continue monitoring for updates, especially the Thunderstorm or Rainfall Advisories and Heavy Rainfall Warnings to be issued by PAGASA Regional Services Divisions.
- Other Hazards and Information
- Possible Storm Surge height in surge prone areas: more than 3.0 meters over several coastal areas in Albay, Sorsogon, Northern Samar, Catanduanes, Camarines Norte, and Camarines Sur; up to 3 meters over several coastal areas in Batangas, Quezon, Marinduque, Oriental Mindoro, and Occidental Mindoro. For more information, refer to Storm Surge Warning #5” issued at 8 PM today.
- Sea travel is risky over the seaboards of areas under TCWS, the seaboards of Northern Luzon, the western seaboard of Palawan, central seaboards of Visayas, and the northern and eastern seaboards of Mindanao due to prevailing or forecast rough sea conditions which may be perilous for maritime activities, especially for those using small seacrafts.
- Gusty conditions may also be experienced in areas in Northern Luzon that are not under any TCWS (especially in the coastal and mountainous zones) due to the Northeast Monsoon.
Location of Eye/center
At 7:00 PM today, the eye of Typhoon TISOY was located based on all available data including Virac Doppler Radar at 90 km East of Juban, Sorsogon (12.9 °N, 124.8 °E )
Philippine Weather Condition Forecast
- 24 Hour (Tomorrow afternoon): In the vicinity of Abra De Ilog, Abra de Ilog(13.4°N, 120.7°E)
- 48 Hour (Wednesday afternoon):345 km West of Iba, Zambales(14.8°N, 116.8°E)
- 72 Hour (Thursday afternoon): 640 km West of Coron, Palawan (OUTSIDE PAR)(12.9°N, 114.4°E)
- 96 Hour (Friday afternoon):700 km West of Coron, Palawan (OUTSIDE PAR)(10.8°N, 113.9°E)
|Place||Weather Condition||Caused By||Impacts|
|Metro Manila, Central Luzon, CALABARZON, Bicol Region, Eastern Visayas and the provinces of Mindoro, Marinduque and Romblon||Stormy||TY TISOY||Possible flash floods or landslides due to moderate to heavy rains|
|Surigao del Norte, Dinagat Islands and the rest of Visayas||Rains with Gusty winds||TY TISOY||Possible flash floods or landslides due to moderate to heavy rains|
|Northern Mindanao and the rest of Luzon and of Caraga||Cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorm||TY TISOY/Northeast Monsoon||Possible flash floods or landslides during severe thunderstorm|
|The rest of Mindanao||Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers||Localized Thunderstorm||Possible flash floods or landslides during severe thunderstorm|
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for flight updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Weather Updates: Some Classes for Wednesday, December 4, 2019, have been canceled in some areas due to nationwide inclement weather conditions.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.